Weekly No Driving System Discontinued in Favor of the Automobile Mileage System.
- Benefits related to the Weekly No Driving System have been discontinued as of July 9, 2020.
(Discounts at public parking lots, congestion fee discount, points during assignment of resident priority parking, traffic induction charge)
- The Automobile Mileage System compares the annual average driving distance with the driving distance in the previous year, and offers up to 70,000 points depending on the degree of driving distance reduction.
How to Get Automobile Mileage
- Mileage is accumulated through mobile gift cards, payment of local tax, and donation
- Eligibility: Non-business cars/vans for 12 or under that are registered in Seoul (Single-person vehicles may register as well)
- Where to apply: Website (https://driving-mileage.seoul.go.kr) or community service center
How to Apply
- 1. Sign up: Visit the website (mobile or Internet) or the community service center
- 2. Application: Register a photo of the license plate and dashboard within one week of signing up
- 3. Practice mileage reduction: One year
- 4. Register driving results: Register a photo of the license plate and dashboard one year later (within 30 days)
- 5. Mileage examination/payment: Mileage reduction is checked, and mileage is paid to members who reduced their mileage
- 6. Use of mileage: Donate mobile gift cards, pay local tax through Seoul ETAX
※ If you are an existing member who is adding a new vehicle, sign in to the automobile mileage website to register photos of the dashboard and license plate or visit the community service center.
Mileage Calculation Criteria
|Reduction Rate||Reduced Distance||Mileage Criteria|
|0%-less than 10%||0 km-less than 1,000 km||20,000 points|
|10%-less than 20%||1,000 km-less than 2,000 km||30,000 points|
|20%-less than 30%||2,000 km–less than 3,000 km||50,000 points|
|30% or more||3,000 km or more||70,000 points|
※ Mileage is provided based either on the rate of reduction or the reduction in distance (1 point = 1 won), whichever method is most beneficial to the resident.
※ Check the automobile mileage website to learn how to calculate the reduction rate and reduced distance.
Ways to Use Your Mileage
- Seoul ETAX
- Pay automobile tax and property tax or convert to cash
- Link with ETAX mileage (must sign up at Seoul ETAX)
- Mobile gift card
- Mobile book gift cards are available in units of KRW 10,000
- Use at on and off-line member stores
- Plant trees to prevent desertification
Mileage for Participation in Fine Dust Reduction Activities
- Eligibility: Automobile Mileage Program members
- How to Participate
- 01. Announcement of emergency reduction (D-1)
- 02. Take/Register evidentiary photos (D-1)
- 03. Don’t drive
- 04. Take/Register evidentiary photos (D+1)
- 05. Applications for mileage are examined and mileage is provided
- 06. Use mileage
- Benefit: 3,000 points provided for one participation
- Payment criteria: Photographed date, car number, and no change in driven distance shall be confirmed through the four registered photographs
- Materials to submit
- Photo of vehicle dashboard on the day the emergency reduction order is issued
- Photo of vehicle dashboard on the day after the emergency reduction order has been implemented
- Photo of license plate
- The administrative district or dong (neighborhood) selected at the time of sign up at the automobile mileage website cannot be changed for five years.
- If you voluntarily withdraw from membership, you cannot sign up again for two years.
- Only members who have participated for more than 9 months are included in the mileage examination.
- If you move to another city or province while participating, you must submit the driving results (photo of dashboard and license plate) within seven days of transfer to be considered.
- If the vehicle is sold or otherwise disposed of during your participation, the data from the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport will automatically be linked and reflected in the examination.
- If the vehicle is disposed of or the name of the owner is changed during participation.
- Apply at the website within 30 days of receiving an alert to register your final driving distance.
- If you want to add new vehicles, visit the website to apply for new vehicles.
※ Reflected in the examination only if the vehicle participated for 9 months or longer before change.
※ Legal holidays, Saturdays and Sundays are excluded for less than seven months.