Garbage is handled by the district government, with the goal of protecting the environment. The cost of garbage collection changes depending on the amount of garbage discharged by homes or stores. Put the garbage in a separate bag and leave it at the designated location. Make sure to use the standard garbage bag. The standard garbage bag can be purchased at designated supermarkets and stores. Yongsan-gu garbage bags are only usable in Yongsan-gu.
|Paper||Paper Box||-||Put out after removing foreign substances (tape, sticker, etc.) and folding flat|
|Paper||Newspaper, handouts, booklets, notebooks, etc.||Ensure that recyclables are not contaminated and discharge after removing tape, springs and vinyl covers|
|Paper pack||Paper pack (Milk pack, juice pack), paper cup||Put out after emptying the contents, rinsing with water and compressing|
|Glass Bottle||Beverage bottle, other bottles||Put out after removing the bottle and emptying the contents|
|Vinyl||Snack/Ramen/Bread wrapping, bubble wrap, disposable vinyl bag, etc.||If a foreign substance is on the vinyl, thoroughly clean before discharge|
|Can/Scrap Metal||Metal cans, aluminum cans||
|Butane gas, insecticide bottle, etc.||Put out after drilling a hole and removing the contents|
|Plastic||Colored PET bottle, plastic containers||Put out after emptying the contents, removing attached trademarks and compressing|
|Waste expanded polystyrene||Put out after removing foreign substances (tape, sticker, etc.)|
Remove all moisture from the food waste and discharge in a standard food waste bag, which comes in sizes of 1, 2, 3, 5 and 10 liters.
Large wastes such as furniture and large home appliances (TV, air conditioner, refrigerator, washing machine) are collected by the government. If you need to arrange for collection of a large waste, you can apply online or by visiting your community service center. Large wastes should be thrown away with a ‘Certificate of Completion of Lage Household Waste Discharge Report’ attached. The team in charge of collecting large wastes operated by the community service center collects large wastes if the certificate of completion of report is attached. Small appliances (computers, radios, microwaves) can be discharged without this certificate.
Applying at the community service center
- ① Visit your local community service center.
- ② Fill out the application form.
- ③ Pay the relevant fee.
- ④ Receive the sticker to attach to the waste.
- ⑤ Put the waste out at the collection location on the designated date after affixing the ‘Certificate of Completion of Lage Household Waste Discharge Report’
- ① Go to the Yongsan-gu website (http://clean.yongsan.go.kr/).
- ② Click ‘Large Waste Application’ on the menu.
- ③ Fill out the online application form (Name, resident registration number, phone number, address, etc.).
- ④ Provide details (Type of waste, amount, discharge date, etc.).
- ⑤ Select a method of payment (Account transfer, credit card).
- ⑥ Print out the ‘Certificate of Completion of Lage Household Waste Discharge Report’
- ⑦ Put the waste out at the collection location on the designated date after affixing the ‘Certificate of Completion of Lage Household Waste Discharge Report’