In case of making a report of a marriage of a Korean and a Foreigner in Korea, the following required documents must be submitted to the gu office including a certificate proving conditions of marriage (issued by the foreigner‘s government) and Korean translation, an original copy of the passport of a foreign spouse, an ID of a Korean spouse, and a Marriage Report Form with signatures of two witnesses.

Upon registration of marriage, a Marriage Certificate is issued.
Marriage registration does not automatically guarantee acquisition of Korean nationality to the foreign national married to the Korean national. The acquisition of Korean nationality requires approval by the Minister of Justice.